Suggestions for Parents:
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children, don't feel you have to suppress it in God's house.
- Sit toward the front where it's easier to hear and quietly explain the parts of the Mass.
- Sing the songs, pray and say the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- Feel free to leave Mass with your child if you need to, but please come back! The way we welcome children in Church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God, and to Jesus. Let children know that they are at home in this liturgical gathering.
Suggestions for Everyone:
- A smile of encouragement and a kind word are always helpful to parents with small, active children.